- Track Attack
- Race Team
- Graduate Coaching
- Adult Programs
- Other Clubs
- Program Schedule
2016/17 Program Schedule
Jackrabbit and Jackbunny sessions commence on the weekend of December 3/4, 2016 and end on the weekend of March 4/5, 2017. We also have many other events happening over the season please see details below (all dates subject to change).
- Club members like to be on the tracks skiing as soon as Cypress opens, which we hope will be by early December. Our Racing Team and Track Attack hit the trails as soon as the mountain is open. The cross country area typically opens well before the downhill area is ready.
- As early as October and November, with the Community Coaching Workshops for new coaches and officials courses, training starts for club volunteers.
- The club will again be taking part in Coast Cups 2 and 3 at Whistler Olympic Park (WOP). The Saturday skiers will take part in Coast Cup #2, on Saturday, January 21 and the Sunday skiers will take part in Coast Cup #3, on Sunday, January 22. However skiers are welcome to and encouraged to take part in both days' races. A separate registration and event fee is required.These events are hosted by the Whistler Nordics and Spud Valley Nordics. Bunnies, who may be too young to enter the events, will still have a session at WOP. This year's events will be run in conjunction with the Haywood NorAm Canadian Western Ski Championships, which run from January 20 to 22.
- The club has a ski swap, hosted by Sigge's at 2077 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver . This year it will take place on Sunday, November 6th from 8am to 11am. Watch our club calendar and your e-mail for further details.
- In late December, Cypress puts on two great family events: Breakfast with Santa and the New Year's Family BBQ. Both events are favourites of Club members so come out and join the fun.
- Sigge's P'ayakentsut will take place at Whistler Olympic Park on Saturday, February 25, 2017. In addition to the 15, 30 and 50 km loppets, starting at 10:00 a.m. with the 50, this year's format will include the P'ayak Mini loppet for children aged 5-12 in the afternoon starting at 1:00 p.m. The Kids Ski Tournament and Ski Cross are no longer being offered.
This will be followed by the Hollyburn Fun Day at Cypress on the Sunday, February 26. Details will be sent out to club members as we near the date. The normal organized ski sessions will not take place on either day on that weekend.
- The club helps organize and participates in Coast Cup #1 on November 27, 2016. We will need everyone helping out to make this event a success so mark the date on your calendar.
The season will wrap up with the volunteer appreciation evening (date tba).
Weekend program sessions for this season are as follows:
AM - 9:00 - 11:30 PM - 1:00 - 3:30
Bunny morning sessions are on the same days but 9:15 - 11:15 a.m. and afternoon sessions are 1:15 - 3:15 p.m.
Track Attack sessions are mornings only (no afternoon sessions), starting as soon as Cypress Cross Country opens.
Weeknight program sessions for the Jackrabbit Level 3 and 4, Track Attack, Adventurer programs are as follows:
- Tuesdays 4:30 - 5:45 p.m. (Jackrabbit Level 3/4 only): Dec 6, 13 Jan 10, 17, 24, 31, Feb 7, 14, 21, 28, Mar 7
- Wednesdays 6:30 - 7:45 p.m.: Dec 7, 14, Jan 11, 18, 25, Feb 1, 8, 15, 22, Mar 1, 8
- Thursdays 6:30 - 7:45 p.m.: Dec 8, 15, Jan 12, 19, 26, Feb 2, 9, 16, 23, Mar 2, 9
Attending the weeknight sessions for Level 3/4, Track Attack and Adventurers is optional (but strongly encouraged). The fees remain the same even if these weeknight sessions are not attended.
The Racing Team has additional weekend and weeknight sessions, with Performance Racing training up to five days a week year-round.
The Adult/Masters program is on currently on hold until a coach is found. If reinstated, it will be skiing Sundays from 9:00 p.m.-12:00 noon and Thursdays from 7:00-9:00 p.m. There are also Tuesday Night Races which you can enter on your own.
1 Saturday, January 21 is Coast Cup #2 and Sunday, January 22 is Coast Cup #3 at Whistler Olympic Park (WOP). These are fun races that the club will take part in, in lieu of sessions at Cypress. Participation, not competition, is emphasized. Bunnies that are too young too participate in these events (4-year-olds) will still have a session at WOP. Children (and their parents) will have the option of skiing in one or both of these events. Note, a separate registration and fee will be required. Details will be sent out to club members as we near the dates of the events.
2 Saturday, February 25 is the date of Sigge's P'ayakentsut at Whistler Olympic Park and the club will be fully participating in this Olympic Legacy event. The 15, 30 and 50 km loppets for adults and teens takes place in the morning followed by the kids' P'ayak Mini in the afternoon. On Sunday, February 26 the club will host the Hollyburn Fun Day at Cypress, As such there will be no sessions organized at Cypress on that weekend. Note, a separate registration and fee will be required for the P'ayak. Details will be sent out to club members as we near the dates of the events.